1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
- Enter into a glass, until you have 1-3/4 cups egg whites. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to reach room temperature.
- The oven rack in lower-middle position; Preheat oven to 325.
- Sifted powdered sugar and flour. Sieving repeated twice. Set aside.
- Bowl, using the MED-low a separate manual egg beater egg whites until they broke up, and starts to bubble. New tartar and salt paste on medium speed, beat until soft peaks form. Mixer running, gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon. Add extract and continue to fight until stiff peaks, still shiny - be careful not to overbeat.
- Pastry on top sprinkle with sugar mixture 1/4 cup filver / flour, a large rubber spatula to gently times, until the sugar / flour disappears. Repeat, adding the remaining cup of sugar and fold / flour 1/4 the mixture. Gently pour the batter ungreased10 inch tube pan. Rap anti-pot several times, to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until dry and cracked behind the back when gently touched. Immediately by inverting the pot for the neck of the bottle or line 2 hours, until completely cooled cake. Loosen edges of cake from the pan with a knife. Cut a light sawing motion, using a serrated knife.